Grain entrapment is extremely dangerous for the victim and the rescuers. Firefighters must use specific safety and rescue procedures to increase their chances of a successful rescue, while keeping members of their department safe. That’s why CASA has developed the following rescue courses for firefighters.
Firefighter Grain Rescue Training Course
This training program incorporates both classroom theory and practical training. It is intended to prepare firefighters to respond to a grain entrapment incident on-farm or at a grain handling facility.
- Identification of grain incidents
- How they occur
- Common injuries
- Types of entrapments
- Grain handling and storage facilities
- Hazard identification
- Regulatory standards
- Confined space and fall protection considerations
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Equipment required
- Practical rescue training