Who: All Media
What: Get with the Plan! Canadian Agricultural Safety Association (CASA) Conference and AGM
Where: Hôtel Château Laurier Québec
1220, Place George-V Ouest
Québec G1R 5B8 Canada
When: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 to Friday, October 11, 2013
Why: To hear about the latest innovations in farm safety orientation and training, and to check out the latest agricultural safety projects from stakeholders from across the country. Highlights include:
- Guillaume Burigasa and Mathieu Gagné (Institut national de santé public du Québec), will present on preventing farm injuries in Québec.
- Sèdoté Ghislain Hounkpè (Prevention-Inspection Consultant for the Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail) will speak on CSST’s action plan to reduce entanglement injuries in Québec.
- Denis Roy (Treasurer and Director of Finance and Technology, L’Union des producteurs agricoles) will lead a roundtable discussion on partnering to increase the safety of new workers in agriculture.
- Margarita Caropresi (Director of AtocTli and editor of AtocTli migrant farm workers magazine) and Harvey Wolfe (cause and effect communications) will lead a seminar on the importance of communicating farm safety across cultures when employing seasonal and migrant workers on the farm.
- Mark Fynn (Animal Care Specialist, Manitoba Pork) will unveil a new, nationally-orientated, safe hog handling educational video series.
- Paul Hoekstra (Regulatory & Biological Assessment, Syngenta) will present Syngenta’s new Dress for Success pesticide safety program.
- Laurel Aitken (Farm Safety Coordinator, Alberta Agriculture) and Carolyn Van Den Heuvel (Farm Safety Coordinator, Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture/Perennia) will provide overviews of farm safety plan projects in their respective provinces.
- Kris Johnson (Project Leader, Farm and Ranch Safety and Health Association, BC) will review the practical utility of a new first aid and pre-operational assessment app on the farm.
For more information on conference activities and presenters visit http://conference.casa-acsa.ca.
Get with the Plan! 2013 is the 19th annual conference and AGM of the Canadian Agricultural Safety Association, a national non-profit organization promoting farm safety in the agricultural sector. Approximately 60 farmers, safety professionals, suppliers, trainers, manufacturers and researchers are expected to participate in the conference this year. Thank you to 2013 conference sponsors Imperial Oil, Pioneer Hi-Bred, PKBW Group, BASF, FCC, Monsanto, AON Hewitt, CSST, La Coop fédérée, Desjardins, CropLife Canada, FARSHA, La Financière agricole Québec, John Deere, La Terre de Chez Nous, LKD, MacDon, McCain Foods and l’Union des producteurs agricoles.
To request interviews or to RSVP for Get with the Plan! 2013 by noon, on Wednesday, October 9th, contact:
Michelle French Lancaster, Communications Advisor, Canadian Agricultural Safety Association