Good planning can help a farm become and stay successful. Farmers develop business, marketing and environmental plans to ensure the success of their farm; so why not plan for safety? Developing a safety program not only makes great business sense, it helps to ensure the health and safety of everyone who lives, works on, or visits a farm.
But where to start?
CASA’s Canada FarmSafe Plan takes the guess work out of developing a safety program. It includes step by step guides, sample policies and checklists that make up the foundation of a safety program, including:
- Creating a general policy statement for health and safety on your farm;
- Assessing risks and identifying hazards;
- Creating standard operating procedures;
- Developing an emergency preparedness plan;
- Investigating incidents;
- Conducting safety trainings;
- Communicating responsibilities; and
- Reviewing and updating the plan.
The complete Canada FarmSafe Plan is available for download. Alternately you can browse and download any of the forms below.